1. Balboa Park Dec 4 5 to 10 pm and Dec 5 noon to 10 pm. Christmas on the Prado.Lights, crafts, singing, it's all there for free. And so is most of San Diego. But it is guaranteed to get you in the holiday spirit!
2. Ocean Beach Annual Holiday Parade December 5 starts about 5 pm on Newport Avenue. Froms Harleys to garage bands come join in the funky fun!
3. Coronado Head for the hotel Del. They have their own ice skating rink, and over 100,000 lights decorating the hotel. Inside the hotel is a fabulous decorated tree. Great place for family pictures!
4. San Diego Bay Parade of lights Dec 13 and Dec 20 Fireworks show at 5:30 and parade starts soon after. Bring hot cocoa and blankets and enjoy the free sight. Begins near Shelter Island.
5. And don't forget the beach! Just once during the holiday take a walk along the beach. Then when you brag about living in San Diego it will be authentic. Another great family photo spot.